The City of Fayetteville provides water & sewer service, and trash & recycling. You will need to set up a new water & sewer account when you move into your new home. These services are billed monthly and payable to the City of Fayetteville.
Water & Sewer Services
To start new water service the Application for Water Service (PDF) form must be filled out completely and signed, along with:
- a valid picture ID
- a copy of your signed lease agreement
- a $50 deposit
New service must be set up in person at our office at City Hall in downtown Fayetteville:
113 W. Mountain Street
Fayetteville, AR 72701
Open Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
For more information call 479-521-1258.
Water and Sewer Payments
Water and sewer services are billed monthly. The bills can be mailed to your address or delivered by email ("paperless billing") Bills can be paid online at online bill pay, by telephone, in person at City Hall, or by mail. You can also set up an automatic bank draft payment, which will withdraw the payment from your bank account on the due date each month, without any action required on your part. Click here to see more information about payment options.
Recycling and Trash
Trash: The City collects household trash and recyclable paper and plastic once a week. Which day of the week depends on your address. Click here to learn what day of the week your trash will be collected. How much you pay depends on what size trash bin you choose. Learn more about the City's "Pay-As-You-Throw" trash cart program here. You do not have to set up new recycling and trash programs, these will be activated when you set up your water and sewer service.
Recycling: Each single-family home is provided with a rolling trash cart and two bins for recycling plastics and paper. These must be placed next to the curb the evening before your scheduled pick-up date. (Click here for information on how to organize your recycle bins.) You are charged for this service on your monthly City utility bill.
Residents who live in apartments will have access to a large community dumpster for household trash. Some apartment complexes provide a special container for recyclables, as well. If your apartment complex does not have a recycling bin, you may bring your recyclables to one of the City's recycling drop-off sites.
What You Can Recycle in a Curbside Bin (learn more here):
- Glass bottles and jars (any color)
- Aluminum cans (no aluminum foil or pans)
- #1 and #2 plastic bottles (with an opening smaller than the base)
- Steel cans
- Cardboard and paperboard, including pizza boxes (please flatten boxes)
- Mixed paper and newspaper including junk mail and magazines.
What You Can Recycle at the Drop-Off Sites (learn more here):
- Corrugated cardboard (must be flattened)
- Aluminum cans (no foil, foil pans, or scrap metal)
- Glass bottles and jars, all colors (no dishes, ceramics, light bulbs or other glass items accepted)
- Mixed paper: (office paper, magazines, phone books, etc.)
- Newspaper (please remove plastic wrapping)
- Paperboard or chipboard (cereal or shoe boxes, etc., must be flattened and placed in with the cardboard)
- Plastic #2 (milk jugs, detergent bottles, etc - lids are okay)
- Plastic bottles #1 (soda, water, shampoo bottles, etc. - lids are okay)
- Steel or tin cans (no scrap metal)
- Old running shoes and glasses are also accepted for special recycling at the Marion Orton location.
Electricity and Gas Services
These services are provided by outside companies. Click here for information on these services in Fayetteville.
Television, Phone, and Internet Services
There are several TV, Phone, and Internet providers for Fayetteville. Click here to view information about these providers